Having eyelash extensions done might mean minimal eye makeup for some but for those who love a little bit extra added, you can still wear eyeliners on for that stunning and alluring look. But unlike before, you now have to make sure you use the right products which are safe for your lash extension’s adhesive. You also have to know how to properly apply eyeliners on to avoid damaging your new lashes. Here’s how to apply eyeliner on after having eyelash extensions:
1. Wipe the eyeliner area to make sure it is clean before applying any eyeliner. You can use a cotton bud or swab to remove excess oil and dirt on the skin. Doing this will also make sure that there is no build-up that’s going to happen on the eyeliner area or your lashes.
2. When you start to apply the eye liner make sure you are careful to go around your extensions, try not to go through them.
3. Remember before you start you may find you need to use a lot less eye liner than usual to get the look you want because you already have lashes on that make the eyes pop before you start.
4. Gradually apply the eyeliner beginning from the inner corner of your eyes. Make sure to wet the tip of your pencil eyeliner before applying so that you can easily glide along the eyeliner area.
5. If you are using liquid eyeliner instead, draw small dotted lines from the inner to the outer corner of your eye, before sweeping with a single stroke.
6. Double the stroke if you want it to look more striking. It is also best to use a pointed liner brush when applying liquid eyeliner.
7. Check if you have too little or too much eyeliner in the mirror. Having too little will make it useless and having too much will make it overpowering. Ensure to keep a makeup remover on hand if in case you make a mistake and redo your eyeliner.
- Having eyelash extensions already adds more attention to your eyes. Applying eyeliners and mascaras are just adding enhancements to your overall eye look. For tips about what mascaras best suits your eyelash extensions, click here.
- Make sure to always clean your eyes with makeup remover so that the makeup comes off easily without extra rubbing. Check your products are safe for your lashes. You can also use a cotton swab to gently clean the eyelash area to avoid damaging the adhesive. For best results and minimal rubbing I find it best to soften the eye makeup in a steamy shower.
Feel free to ask me a question on how to take care of your eyelash extensions by commenting at the bottom of this page. You can also check my article about lash extension after care. Or better yet, book your appointment here, and ask me in person!
Please like Divine Lashes’ Facebook Page so that you’ll be updated with our latest promotions or discounted rates. I randomly post promotions here and there so you better follow our page to be able to grab those. You don’t want to be the last to know, trust me!
Lastly, see that little box on the right? Subscribe to our newsletters to get the latest articles about lash extensions in Brisbane.
Thanks everyone! See you next newsletter!